Filters: Tags: Vertical mixing (X)24 results (50ms)
Vertical water mass mixing and plankton blooms recorded in skeletal stable carbon isotopes of a Red Sea coral
A Note on the Effect of Wind Waves on Vertical Mixing in Franks Tract, Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta, California
A one-dimensional numerical model that simulates the effects of whitecapping waves was used to investigate the importance of whitecapping waves to vertical mixing at a 3-meter-deep site in Franks Tract in the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta over an 11-day period. Locally-generated waves of mean period approximately 2 s were generated under strong wind conditions; significant wave heights ranged from 0 to 0.3 m. A surface turbulent kinetic energy flux was used to model whitecapping waves during periods when wind speeds > 5 m s-1 (62% of observations). The surface was modeled as a wind stress log-layer for the remaining 38% of the observations. The model results demonstrated that under moderate wind conditions (5–8 m...
Abundance, distribution and flow-cytometric characterization of picophytoprokaryote populations in central (17 degree S) and southern (20 degree S) shelf waters of the Great Barrier Reef
Interactive effects of ozone depletion and vertical mixing on photosynthesis of Antarctic phytoplankton
Thermal Stratification in Saldanha Bay (South Africa) and Subtidal, Density-driven Exchange with the Coastal Waters of the Benguela Upwelling System
Coastal Upwelling and Mass Mortalities of Fishes and Invertebrates in the Northeastern Gulf of Mexico during Spring and Summer 1998