Filters: Tags: Nicaragua (X)37 results (55ms)
Potentials and constraints of the farmer-to-farmer programme for environmental protection in Nicaragua
Colony breeding of the Pacific Parakeet Aratinga strenua Ridgway 1915 in the Volcan Masaya National Park, Nicaragua
Importance of the Caribbean coastal wetlands of Nicaragua and Honduras to Central American populations of waterbirds and jabiru storks (Jabiru mycteria)
Effect of income on the extraction of non-timber tropical forest products: Model, hypotheses, and preliminary findings from the Sumu Indians of Nicaragua
Distribution and dynamics of bacterioplankton production in a polymictic tropical lake (Lago Xolotlan, Nicaragua)
Heavy metals in shrimp culture areas from the Gulf of Fonseca, Central America. II. Cultured shrimps
[Evaluation of light traps to control adults of white grubs (Phyllophaga spp.) en Esteli, Nicaragua.]
Implementation of the Convention on Biological Diversity in Mesoamerica: environmental and developmental perspectives
This dataset presents information about exploration sites relating to the mineral industries of Latin America and the Caribbean. Exploration sites include sites in active exploration status, sites with feasibility work being performed or planned, exploration at a producing mine for a mine expansion, or sites that are approved for or under development but not yet at the producing stage. Relevant data fields include the mineral commodities present at the site, project name, project type, operator, owners of the site, geographic coordinates, and locational accuracy. These data are dervied from work conducted by staff of the Material Flow Analysis section of the National Minerals Information Center.
We present an inventory of the initiation locations of landslides triggered by the passage of Hurricane Mitch, October 21-31, 1998 in seven study areas in Nicaragua. The inventory was compiled from aerial photographs and field mapping. Most (perhaps 95%) of the landslides at the mapped initiation locations produced debris flows. The remaining 5% of mapped initiation locations were slow-moving earth flows that started moving during Hurricane Mitch and continued to move for at least one year.