Folder: ROOT ( Show direct descendants )7 results (65ms)
This collection is comprised of digital, slide and print photographs taken during engineering geology, energy and minerals resource related field projects from 1970-2020. These photos document field sites, geologic features, landscapes and landforms from the various areas of Alaska. There are collections specific to each of the Division's sections that document the effort needed to complete the culling and documentation of exisiting photos. As of 2020, DGGS has cataloged 19,724 photos, with 12,813 available to the public. Only those photos with location information are available within the National Digital Catalog
This collection contains test-hole cores through surficial sediments and shallow bedrock drilled by the Nebraska Geological Survey (Conservation and Survey Division), the Nebraska Department of Roads, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, and other organizations, including bedrock cores drilled by petroleum and mineral concerns. A portion of the cores in this collection originated from oil producing areas and areas with potential petroleum development within the Panhandle region of western Nebraska. These cores were drilled by oil companies between 1950-1969 and were later donated to the Nebraska Geological Survey (Conservation and Survey Division). With the assistance of the National Geological and Geophysical...
The Silica Collection consists of descriptions for 51 outcrop samples collected as part of an evaluation of potential high-silica resources in the western region of Virginia. Sampling was conducted in conjunction with reconnaissance field mapping to determine the extent of high-silica deposits. The record for each sample consists of a physical description, location information, sieve analysis, and chemical test data. The results of laboratory analyses are included in several published reports including DGMR Publications 32, 67 and Mineral Resources Report 11.
Library collection of 34 out-of-print Biennial Reports of the Commissioners of the State Geological and Natural History Survey to the Governor and State Legislature of Connecticut. These historic reports chronicle the legacy and evolution of the State Geological and Natural History Survey of Connecticut from its inception in 1903 until it became an entity of the state environmental agency in 1971. This collection include 682 pages of text, 18 figures, 9 plates, and 2 map sheets. These reports are valuable to science historians, academic scholars, geoscience professionals, and public policy experts. A related Connecticut Survey Library collection contains associated historic correspondence. Although most of the...
Cataloging data and publications for projects associated Upper Midwest Environmental Sciences Center (UMESC).
This is a collection of public data records intended for distribution in the USGS Science Data Catalog (data.usgs.gov).
This collection is comprised of digital, slide and print photographs taken during minerals related field projects from 1970-2020. There are approximately 35,800 photos and slides that need to be culled, documented and archived. 81% of the photos are in digital format and most need to be manually matched with their locations from geologists’ field notes, although a small percentage have locations and descriptions that could easily be archived. The remaining 19% are slide and print format that need the same attention but are in fair to good condition for scanning purposes. There are 50 videos that are also part of this collection. These photos document field sites, geologic features, landscapes and landforms from...