Databases and Sampling Designs/Protocols (including those under development)
USGS ScienceBase Catalog (accessed via http://www.wlci.gov/catalog/WLCI/item/search; includes 576 datasets—primarily geospatial—provided by WLCI partners and harvested from data providers); identified data gaps, made recommendations on how to address them, developed guidelines for data integration and support.
- PostgreSQL database, an object-relational geodatabase system, and an ArcGIS 9.3 map servicer (at https://www.wlci.gov) that enable identification and display of relevant data resources, along with geospatial locations and descriptive information (metadata).
- GIS-based database of WLCI funded and proposed habitat treatments and WLCI partners priority focus areas.
- WLCI project geodatabase containing location and descriptive (attribute) information.
- Fully attributed dataset for pygmy rabbit occupancy at 189 survey points throughout western Wyoming (contains coordinates, type of evidence present, occupancy status).
- Standardized protocol template for geospatial information developed and shared with WLCI partners.
- Added over 400 data records relevant to the WLCI to the Data Clearinghouse in 2009.
Maps and Imagery (including those under development)
Maps of proposed and funded WLCI conservation project locations to support the WLCI Web site.
Decision Support Tools, Web Sites, Web Applications, Servers/Platforms, etc.
WLCI Web site (wlci.gov): a centralized venue for publically sharing information about the WLCI. Representatives from several agencies, serving on the WLCI Coordination Team, manage web site content; includes documents, maps, newsletters, meeting schedules, bibliography including agency reports and USGS publications, meeting agendas and notes, access to the Data Catalog and Projects Database; provides a searchable context view of WLCI data available to internal and external audiences (non-public data access requires authentication and authorization through the WLCI online community); this tool is used to support development and design of WLCI conservation actions by local project development teams and the WLCI Coordination Team.
- An online data management framework, available at: my.usgs.gov, composed of:
a) Wiki – collaborative space for informally posting, sharing, and preserving information;
b) Document manager – space for file organization, storage, and sharing; and
c) Data Catalog – centralized locale for assembling, cataloging, providing datasets associated with WLCI; data are generated by USGS, partner agencies, and external data providers.
- WLCI spatially-explicit project tracking tool (www.wlci.gov): Science and Conservation Projects Database—an online system displaying mapped habitat and science project locations and associated information, including project descriptions, management details, duration, activity updates, publication products, and photographs. Representatives from several agencies, including BLM, USFWS, USGS, are able to add and edit project information.
- THREDDS server platform for storage and serving of model outputs and data in NetCDF format and a data hosting/serving context for Sustainable Energy Development (under development).
- Web-based form for WLCI partners to use when submitting new project data for review and possible inclusion in the WLCI project database.
- Additions to the “SCIM” application to facilitate the housing and maintenance of content specific to the WLCI Web site.
- Training materials for appropriate staff in using the SCIM tool to maintain Web site content.
- Jonah Infill Data Management System—decision support system that tracks real-time information associated with surface disturbance, reclamation, and mitigation efforts in the Jonah Natural Gas Field and supports regulatory decisions by the Jonah Interagency Mitigation and Reclamation Office.
- WLCI Coordination Team, Developed evaluation criteria to rank and prioritize WLCI conservation and habitat projects.
- Improved direct access to the Data Clearinghouse through the WLCI Web site (http://www.wlci.gov/), 2009.
- Protocols for data harvesting using Web services.
- ScienceBase Data Clearinghouse user interface.
- Refined Data Clearinghouse search tools.
- New WLCI project-tracking interface and map-display feature, 2009.
- Enhancement and maintenance of the WLCI Web site (http://www.wlci.gov).
- Enhancements for posting content to the WLCI Web site directly.
- Additional development of the content-management application to facilitate the housing and maintenance of content specific to the WLCI Web site.
- Developed seamless access to WLCI Projects Database mapping application and WLCI Data Clearinghouse through the WLCI Web site.
- Agendas, videos, abstracts, and presentations posted to the WLCI Web site for the 2009 WLCI Science Workshop.